Press Release from HID Global Product Management, Secure Issuance
On March 31st, HID Global® will announce the availability of its all-in-one printing and lamination direct-to-card printer, the DTC5500LMX, and its new high definition card printer, the HDP5600 – both of which comprise HID’s new Professional Select* Series of printers. Available exclusively to HID FARGO® ASP certified partners globally, and upon submission of an approved Professional Select Business Plan, these printers represent the latest in ID card printing technology.
The DTC5500LMX provides premium printing and delivers the quickest, most cost-efficient wasteless lamination solution on the market today. The DTC5500LMX is the latest release in the successful line of FARGO® Direct-to-Card (DTC®) printer/encoders, and the first to utilize HID Global’s iON™ technology which powers the fastest and most energy efficient lamination hardware available.
HID Global’s DTC5500LMX all-in-one printing and lamination solution delivers on the promise of reliable, high-volume production at an ultra-low cost-per-card. This enables cost-conscious organizations to routinely issue secure, durable cards in high volumes without sacrificing quality. And as the most energy efficient printing and lamination system available today, the DTC5500LMX is the first printer on the market to be GreenCircle® Certified.
Additionally, the DTC5500LMX system also uses HID Global’s new wasteless PolyGuard™ LMX overlaminates, providing the highest level of card protection while reducing consumable costs by up to 50%. The new consumable design will drive savings in high-volume printing environments, making it the ideal solution for higher education, large corporations, healthcare facilities and government agencies.
HID Global’s new HDP5600 features an affordable, high resolution 600 dpi printing option for superior text and image quality. Based on HID Global’s industry leading, 5th generation HDP technology, it is ideal for government agencies, universities, corporations and healthcare facilities who need re-transfer printing technology to routinely issue high definition ID cards.
Not only are colors more brilliant and images sharper, but the high quality, 600 dpi resin printing capabilities of the HDP5600 give the ability to precisely print small text and crisply defined barcodes like never before. The HDP5600 also includes a built-in Workbench™ diagnostic utility and Color Assist™ tool to help better match spot colors on company logos and service marks. Leveraging the 600 dpi option, the printer can even accurately reproduce complex characters, such as Kanji, Arabic and Cyrillic.
Key benefits of both printers are outlined below:
- Lower Cost Per Card. PolyGuard™ LMX wasteless laminates are manufactured with 1000 patches per roll – enabling lower cost per patch as well as minimizing consumable re-filling.
- Ease of Encoding. Wide array of contact, contactless and magnetic encoders available for seamless in-line encoding of smart card credentials.
- Save Time, Save Energy. HID Global’s iON™ technology brings the laminator to optimal operating temperature in under 45 seconds, as compared to the three-plus minutes required by competitive systems. This is up to an 80% saving in time as well as reducing energy consumption.
- Rugged Enclosure. Robust housing ensures continuous production of quality ID badges and smartcards – even in the harshest printing conditions, such as arid or dusty environments – protecting your investment long into the future.
- Dual-side Lamination Standard. Unlike other printer / laminators available on the market today, dual-side lamination with one material comes standard for users that may want a full clear patch on one or both sides, for example. A two-material option is also available for cards requiring unique laminates on each side – such as with a custom holographic patch on the front side of a card – with a half patch protecting the back side that leaves a magstripe unencumbered for use.
- Built in Security. Optional locking hoppers and consumable doors provide maximum security for printing of highly-secure IDs.
- High Resolution Printing. The HDP5600 features a high resolution 600 dpi option for printing vibrant images, crisp barcodes and small, complex characters. A standard 300 dpi model is also available.
- Competitive Feature Set. The HDP5600 offers an array of differentiators not available with other HDP printers on the market:
- 600 dpi availability for both single-side and dual-side printing
- Half-panel ribbons (for a lower cost-per-card option)
- High Durable HDP Film
- Optional dual input hopper capability
- Backward-Compatible Ribbons and HDP Films. To ensure a smooth transition, the new HDP5600 ribbons and HDP films are backward compatible to the HDP5000. More information is available within the HDP5600 Launch Kit.
- Enhanced Memory. Provides all the same features, functions and options currently available for the HDP5000 but with added 64 MB memory, allowing for increased resolution without sacrificing print throughput speeds.