If you are just getting started with a badge program at your organization OR updating your program, here are a few thoughts to keep in mind as you design our ID badge to ensure it provides the right security, information and image for your organization.
Today’s card design software comes in many editions with varying levels of complexity but all IDs share some basic elements.
- Orientation: VERTICAL is very common, especially if hanging on a lanyard but HORIZONTAL is great especially with long names/titles of those badged. You may also consider using VERTICAL for staff and HORIZONTAL for contractors or visitors. This provides a visual security cue for your organization.
- Do you need to allow for a punch at the top to hang from a badge reel or lanyard? Will the card be placed inside a badge holder, thus not requiring a slot or hole punch? This will be important for your layout.
- Do you need information on both the front and the back? Should both the front and back be the same (to account for IDs flipping around) or do you prefer to have static data on the back such as phone numbers and security information?
Once you have those basic questions answered, you can get to the design elements:
- Do you want your logo with standard corporate/organization colors and fonts?
- For specific badges, will you include a photo? If so, make sure you have photos of similar size and with similar lighting to make your cards look consistent.
- Will you include employee name (first and/ last) or just initials? Are titles and departments needed? What about expiration dates or dates of hire? Also consider noting if employees are allowed be about your building unescorted? Color bars can help provide that information to others.
Whatever your ID, ASAP Identification Security can help. We not only sell card design software, but we can help you design or adjust your design, as well.
Just call (317-488-1030) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will be more than happy to help.
Asure ID 7 Solo program fix for photo box crashes:
3 Easy Steps for DTC4500e Ribbon Sensor Calibration:
1. Press the right button and scroll with the left button to TOOLBOX.
2. Press the right button to select TOOLBOX and scroll with the left button to CALIBRATE RIBBON SENSOR
3. Press the right button to select CALIBRATE RIBBON SENSOR