HIGH/HIGH FREQUENCY MIFARE CLASSIC™ SOLUTION/MIFARE DESFire™ EV1 SOLUTION
- Ideal Migration Solution – Multi-application card that supports two 13.56 MHz read/write contactless chips that are fully compatible with MIFARE Classic and MIFARE DESFire physical access reader from HID and other suppliers.
- High Performance – MIFARE DESFire EV1 provides fast and secure data transmission (data encryption and integrity check).
- Common Criteria – MIFARE DESFire EV1 EAL 4+ accredited for maximum security.
- Supports Secure Identity Object™ (SIO) – Multi-layered security beyond the card
technology, providing added protection to identity data.
HID Global’s MIFARE Classic and MIFARE DESFire EV1 smart cards are ideal for customers looking to support multiple technologies with a single card or migrate from existing card technology to a more secure solution. The cards deliver the perfect balance of performance and cost efficiency for any MIFARE DESFire EV1 deployment, while preserving backward compatibility with MIFARE Classic.
More information: MIFARE DESFire EV1 Cards
Let ASAP Identification print your medical/dental or Rx insurance cards for you. Complete the card issuance process with personalized mailings to your membership with their new insurance card.
Contact ASAP Identification Security @ 317-488-1030!
The ProxKey III is a proximity card keyfob for access control offering HID proximity technology in a convenient, pocket size device. The proximity card keyfob easily attaches to a key ring, badge clip or lanyard. The ProxKey III is built to withstand harsh operating environments or handling.
The ProxKey III is suited for use in access control applications where a Photo ID is not required.
Key Features of the ProxKey III:
- Small enough to fit on a key ring.
- Universal compatibility with HID proximity card readers.
- Provides an external number for easy identification and control Can be
placed on a key ring for convenient entry.
- Supports formats up to 85 bits, with over 137 billion codes.
- Using HID’s ProxProgrammer®, card vendors can ship proximity keyfobs, custom programmed to
their customers’ requirements, from their own inventory. Enables smaller order
quantities and overnight delivery. (Check with vendor for availability.)
- Lifetime warranty.
Make a great impression at the next conference, meeting or seminar you host by providing event name tags for each attendee.
Networking is easier when everyone has a professional name tag.
Let ASAP Identification Security help make this work for you! firstname.lastname@example.org OR 317-488-1030.
HID Indala Prox cards
Combine the benefits of proven Indala® Proximity and HID FlexSmart® MIFARE contactless smart card technology in one smart card. The contactless smart card with proximity technology can be used for diverse applications such as access control, cashless vending, public transportation, event ticketing, customer loyalty and photo ID cards. Featuring exclusive FlexSecur® security technology, the card provides an added level of access system security through a verification process at the smart card reader. Unique to the HID Indala product line, FlexSecur screens out unauthorized smart cards prior to sending card data to the host system.
Manufactured to the highest quality standards, Indala Proximity cards and MIFARE smart cards have the memory structure and capacity to store multiple applications on a single credential. The data is protected with encryption keys used in the mutual authentication process. Therefore, no important data will be shared until the smart card and reader have been authenticated to each other.
When security and performance count most, HID’s FlexSmart MIFARE smart cards can be produced with visual security and anti-counterfeiting features such as holograms, ultraviolet fluorescent inks, micro-printing or a custom logo to quickly and easily identify genuine cards.
Key Features of the FPMXI FlexPass MIFARE/Indala Combo Smart Card
- Multiple Formats – Supports all Indala proximity card formats, including FlexEnterprise®.
- Transition Solution – Add smart card applications to an existing Indala proximity technology access control system.
- High Security – Mutual authentication, data encryption and unique 32-bit serial number.
- Proven, Reliable Technology – Offers extremely consistent read range. Unaffected by body shielding or variable environmental conditions, even when close to keys and coins.
- Multiple Memory Types – Available in MIFARE 1K and 4K.
- True Credit Card Thickness – Use with all direct image and thermal transfer printers.
Questions? Contact ASAP Identification Security @ 317-488-1030 or email@example.com!
How secure do you need your ID cards?
This is a common question from our customers. The level of card security depends on a number of factors but we will try to break it down in basic bullet list:
PVC printed ID card
- If visual identification is all you require, then a simple photo ID may work just fine. This is a simple, low cost solution and it can be implemented quickly and easily.
- For this ID, you can simply include you company logo and employee name OR you can considering adding photo, title or access level.
- Benefits: low cost, professional and easy entry-level ID solution
- Risks: this does not automate access control (i.e. turn card “off” once no longer at company) and some interaction may be required to validate a user.
- If this security solution will meet your needs, please contact ASAP for information on an ID printer OR for ASAP to print cards on your behalf.
Mag stripe or bar code printed ID card
- If your organization requires a slightly higher level of security than a simple visual ID, consider a magnetic stripe or bar code solution. This is also a low cost and easy solution to implement that may meet your needs.
- How can a mag stripe or bar code system work? It may be used for clocking in/out, logging into a POS system, checking books in/out as well as paying for meals on an account simply by swiping the card through a mag stripe or bar code reader connected to your company system.
- Bar codes can be 1D, 2D or QR codes depending on the amount of data to be stored. Mag strips are low, mid or high-co and again can store a variety of data on 1, 2 or 3 “tracks”.
- Benefits and Risks are the same as PVC only ID cards. It adds a slightly higher level of function but very little added security.
Proximity ID card
- Proximity cards/fobs are considered “keyless access”. They offer facilities an easier and more affordable way to control access by issuing Prox “keys” which they can simple “turn off” once the person no longer requires access without having to track down a physical key. Prox also allows tracking of access when readers are required for access control (buildings, parking lots, etc). This would be considered a “moderate” security solution.
- Users are also able to control access on schedules and/or grant access to certain areas only to certain employees.
- Finally, you are able to print on most Prox cards to allow you to include both visual security with electronic access control.
Smart (contact and contactless) ID card
- The highest level of card security are consider Smart Cards.
- Contactless smart cards use high-frequency radio frequency identification (RFID) and a memory chip to store data (2K, 8K, 16K, etc). The larger the chip, the more capacity to store/encrypt. These cards can be used for building/parking access, secured access to rooms, cabinets, closets, logical access, inventory tracking, cashless vending, clocking in/out.
- There are risks….primarily privacy concerns since devices store data and can be read by another device if in the wrong hands.
- Contact smart cards include a chip/microprocessor on the card with enormous storage capacity. These cards must be inserted into a special reader to access data but these are more secure cards and cannot be skimmed (no RFID). Consider the new chip credit cards as an example of contact cards are work. These, too, can have a photo/name added to include visual security if needed.
Consider IDs for your service dogs!! ASAP Identification can provide these, as well.
ASAP Identification welcomes a new card partner. 3millID is an access control credential and RFID reader manufacturer with offices in the United States and United Kingdom. The company’s mission is to supply the highest quality credentials, most architecturally attractive readers, the shortest product lead times, and the best customer satisfaction.
If you are just getting started with a badge program at your organization OR updating your program, here are a few thoughts to keep in mind as you design our ID badge to ensure it provides the right security, information and image for your organization.
Today’s card design software comes in many editions with varying levels of complexity but all IDs share some basic elements.
- Orientation: VERTICAL is very common, especially if hanging on a lanyard but HORIZONTAL is great especially with long names/titles of those badged. You may also consider using VERTICAL for staff and HORIZONTAL for contractors or visitors. This provides a visual security cue for your organization.
- Do you need to allow for a punch at the top to hang from a badge reel or lanyard? Will the card be placed inside a badge holder, thus not requiring a slot or hole punch? This will be important for your layout.
- Do you need information on both the front and the back? Should both the front and back be the same (to account for IDs flipping around) or do you prefer to have static data on the back such as phone numbers and security information?
Once you have those basic questions answered, you can get to the design elements:
- Do you want your logo with standard corporate/organization colors and fonts?
- For specific badges, will you include a photo? If so, make sure you have photos of similar size and with similar lighting to make your cards look consistent.
- Will you include employee name (first and/ last) or just initials? Are titles and departments needed? What about expiration dates or dates of hire? Also consider noting if employees are allowed be about your building unescorted? Color bars can help provide that information to others.
Whatever your ID, ASAP Identification Security can help. We not only sell card design software, but we can help you design or adjust your design, as well.
Just call (317-488-1030) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will be more than happy to help.
On the Butler University campus, your student ID is your all-access pass into the library, athletic center, and usually your next meal. When incoming students register, they receive the laminated photo cards and carry them with them at all times. Loaded with “Dawg Bucks,” their student ID cards act like debit cards for purchases at campus dining spots, some select off-campus restaurants and the campus bookstore.
During high-volume new student registration – when hundreds of students need cards in a short time frame – fast ID card creation is critical. When cumbersome printing slowed the process, Butler began looking for a better way.
As a client of ASAP Identification, we were able to assist Butler in deploying Zebra’s ZXP Series™ 7 card printers to meet the demand of ID cards during high-volume new student registration.
“When someone comes into our office for a replacement card, the printer is ready to go and we have their cards right away. They comment, ‘That was fast!”
– Theresa Hilliard (Butler University)