HID Indala Prox cards
Combine the benefits of proven Indala® Proximity and HID FlexSmart® MIFARE contactless smart card technology in one smart card. The contactless smart card with proximity technology can be used for diverse applications such as access control, cashless vending, public transportation, event ticketing, customer loyalty and photo ID cards. Featuring exclusive FlexSecur® security technology, the card provides an added level of access system security through a verification process at the smart card reader. Unique to the HID Indala product line, FlexSecur screens out unauthorized smart cards prior to sending card data to the host system.
Manufactured to the highest quality standards, Indala Proximity cards and MIFARE smart cards have the memory structure and capacity to store multiple applications on a single credential. The data is protected with encryption keys used in the mutual authentication process. Therefore, no important data will be shared until the smart card and reader have been authenticated to each other.
When security and performance count most, HID’s FlexSmart MIFARE smart cards can be produced with visual security and anti-counterfeiting features such as holograms, ultraviolet fluorescent inks, micro-printing or a custom logo to quickly and easily identify genuine cards.
Key Features of the FPMXI FlexPass MIFARE/Indala Combo Smart Card
- Multiple Formats – Supports all Indala proximity card formats, including FlexEnterprise®.
- Transition Solution – Add smart card applications to an existing Indala proximity technology access control system.
- High Security – Mutual authentication, data encryption and unique 32-bit serial number.
- Proven, Reliable Technology – Offers extremely consistent read range. Unaffected by body shielding or variable environmental conditions, even when close to keys and coins.
- Multiple Memory Types – Available in MIFARE 1K and 4K.
- True Credit Card Thickness – Use with all direct image and thermal transfer printers.
Questions? Contact ASAP Identification Security @ 317-488-1030 or firstname.lastname@example.org!
How secure do you need your ID cards?
This is a common question from our customers. The level of card security depends on a number of factors but we will try to break it down in basic bullet list:
PVC printed ID card
- If visual identification is all you require, then a simple photo ID may work just fine. This is a simple, low cost solution and it can be implemented quickly and easily.
- For this ID, you can simply include you company logo and employee name OR you can considering adding photo, title or access level.
- Benefits: low cost, professional and easy entry-level ID solution
- Risks: this does not automate access control (i.e. turn card “off” once no longer at company) and some interaction may be required to validate a user.
- If this security solution will meet your needs, please contact ASAP for information on an ID printer OR for ASAP to print cards on your behalf.
Mag stripe or bar code printed ID card
- If your organization requires a slightly higher level of security than a simple visual ID, consider a magnetic stripe or bar code solution. This is also a low cost and easy solution to implement that may meet your needs.
- How can a mag stripe or bar code system work? It may be used for clocking in/out, logging into a POS system, checking books in/out as well as paying for meals on an account simply by swiping the card through a mag stripe or bar code reader connected to your company system.
- Bar codes can be 1D, 2D or QR codes depending on the amount of data to be stored. Mag strips are low, mid or high-co and again can store a variety of data on 1, 2 or 3 “tracks”.
- Benefits and Risks are the same as PVC only ID cards. It adds a slightly higher level of function but very little added security.
Proximity ID card
- Proximity cards/fobs are considered “keyless access”. They offer facilities an easier and more affordable way to control access by issuing Prox “keys” which they can simple “turn off” once the person no longer requires access without having to track down a physical key. Prox also allows tracking of access when readers are required for access control (buildings, parking lots, etc). This would be considered a “moderate” security solution.
- Users are also able to control access on schedules and/or grant access to certain areas only to certain employees.
- Finally, you are able to print on most Prox cards to allow you to include both visual security with electronic access control.
Smart (contact and contactless) ID card
- The highest level of card security are consider Smart Cards.
- Contactless smart cards use high-frequency radio frequency identification (RFID) and a memory chip to store data (2K, 8K, 16K, etc). The larger the chip, the more capacity to store/encrypt. These cards can be used for building/parking access, secured access to rooms, cabinets, closets, logical access, inventory tracking, cashless vending, clocking in/out.
- There are risks….primarily privacy concerns since devices store data and can be read by another device if in the wrong hands.
- Contact smart cards include a chip/microprocessor on the card with enormous storage capacity. These cards must be inserted into a special reader to access data but these are more secure cards and cannot be skimmed (no RFID). Consider the new chip credit cards as an example of contact cards are work. These, too, can have a photo/name added to include visual security if needed.
Consider IDs for your service dogs!! ASAP Identification can provide these, as well.
ASAP Identification welcomes a new card partner. 3millID is an access control credential and RFID reader manufacturer with offices in the United States and United Kingdom. The company’s mission is to supply the highest quality credentials, most architecturally attractive readers, the shortest product lead times, and the best customer satisfaction.
If you are just getting started with a badge program at your organization OR updating your program, here are a few thoughts to keep in mind as you design our ID badge to ensure it provides the right security, information and image for your organization.
Today’s card design software comes in many editions with varying levels of complexity but all IDs share some basic elements.
- Orientation: VERTICAL is very common, especially if hanging on a lanyard but HORIZONTAL is great especially with long names/titles of those badged. You may also consider using VERTICAL for staff and HORIZONTAL for contractors or visitors. This provides a visual security cue for your organization.
- Do you need to allow for a punch at the top to hang from a badge reel or lanyard? Will the card be placed inside a badge holder, thus not requiring a slot or hole punch? This will be important for your layout.
- Do you need information on both the front and the back? Should both the front and back be the same (to account for IDs flipping around) or do you prefer to have static data on the back such as phone numbers and security information?
Once you have those basic questions answered, you can get to the design elements:
- Do you want your logo with standard corporate/organization colors and fonts?
- For specific badges, will you include a photo? If so, make sure you have photos of similar size and with similar lighting to make your cards look consistent.
- Will you include employee name (first and/ last) or just initials? Are titles and departments needed? What about expiration dates or dates of hire? Also consider noting if employees are allowed be about your building unescorted? Color bars can help provide that information to others.
Whatever your ID, ASAP Identification Security can help. We not only sell card design software, but we can help you design or adjust your design, as well.
Just call (317-488-1030) or email (email@example.com) and we will be more than happy to help.
On the Butler University campus, your student ID is your all-access pass into the library, athletic center, and usually your next meal. When incoming students register, they receive the laminated photo cards and carry them with them at all times. Loaded with “Dawg Bucks,” their student ID cards act like debit cards for purchases at campus dining spots, some select off-campus restaurants and the campus bookstore.
During high-volume new student registration – when hundreds of students need cards in a short time frame – fast ID card creation is critical. When cumbersome printing slowed the process, Butler began looking for a better way.
As a client of ASAP Identification, we were able to assist Butler in deploying Zebra’s ZXP Series™ 7 card printers to meet the demand of ID cards during high-volume new student registration.
“When someone comes into our office for a replacement card, the printer is ready to go and we have their cards right away. They comment, ‘That was fast!”
– Theresa Hilliard (Butler University)
It’s time to get ready for Back To School, especially if you need an upgrade your ID card system for school ID badges.
The right ID card system can help your school run more smoothly to identify staff and students and to help make sure everyone is where they belong.
We have several solutions available to meet your needs, whether for hundreds or thousands of IDs.
Please let us know if you need any ID supplies to kick off the 2014-15 school year!
Thanks for your ongoing support of ASAP Identification (317-488-1030 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Are you creating high volume cards daily such as membership, medical ID, insurance or gift cards? If so, pre-printed cards may be a solution worth considering.
- Pre-printed cards are an easy and efficient option for membership cards, loyalty cards, medical ID or insurance cards, gift cards, and more!
- Design pre-printed cards to showcase your company’s brand and build customer loyalty then personalize as needed.
Pre-printed cards help with speed and consistency in output. At ASAP, we will pre-print the art work and you personalize with name/title/number as needed. This saves both time and cost of ribbons by using black only instead of full color ribbons.
If you’re printing hundreds or thousands of cards on a regular basis and then personalizing the cards on demand, we can work with you on both the pre-printed card as well as the customizing printer. Getting started is easy!
To find out more, call ASAP Identification (317-488-1030) or email us today!
When you are in ID Card Issue Center and open the ID Card Designer to modify your template, the templates get saved in
You can also find this by selecting import/export when in Properties under the “Badge Printing” tab.
IDs offer just one more layer of security to your overall security plan. They can be simply a visual security tool or, with programmable cards, they can also help with physical and logical access, as well as other transactions. Either way, there are several options to add to your ID to make alteration or duplication more difficult.
Card stock with Visual Security Elements:
As the threat of fraud, theft and forgery looms large, today’s counterfeiters are more advanced than ever. The proliferation of digital printing technology has made forging legitimate-looking ID cards all too easy.
That’s why you need HID Global. Visual Security Solutions® are available including:
- Holographic Foil Cards – Custom-designed, metallized or translucent holograms are layered inside of the card, just below the surface to add a custom layer of security.
- Holographic Overlaminates (laminator required) – Lamination provides a layer of durability and security, especially with a custom laminate that is very difficult to replicate.
- Holographic HDP® Film (for use with retransfer printer) – Custom HDP film offers a layer of added security to your card design.
Fluorescent Printing (UV)
Most card manufactures offer ribbons which include a fluorescent panel for printing elements on the card that are only visible under UV light. Fluorescent printing makes duplicating and forgery more difficult.